Heading out for a remote adventure? No cell coverage? No problem. The BLM has developed georeferenced maps compatible with any georeferenced map mobile application.
Click on these Georeference Maps of Red Rock Canyon
- Red Rock Canyon Scenic Drive Overview
- Moenkopi and Calico Hills Trails
- Calico Tanks and Turtlehead Peak Trails
- Keystone Thrust and White Rock-Willow Spring Trails
- Grand Circle Loop Trail
- White Rock Mountain Loop and La Madre Spring Trails
- Willow Spring Loop an Petroglyph Wall Trails
- North Peak and Bridge Mountain Trails
- Lost Creek Children’s Discovery and SMYC Trails
- Ice Box Canyon and Dale’s Trails
- Pine Creek Canyon and Fire Ecology Trails
- Arnight and Knoll Trails
- Oak Creek Canyon and Middle Oak Creek Trails
- South Oak Creek and First Creek Canyon Trails
- Kraft Boulders and Kraft Mountain Loop Trails
How to Use the Maps
These PDF maps are designed for use on your GPS-enabled mobile device and can be displayed on any PDF reader. When viewed in an installed mobile map application, each map is designed so that your location can be displayed on screen in real time.
Georeferenced map applications allow you to navigate using your mobile device’s GPS even without cellular reception. There are a variety of georeferenced PDF apps available for Apple and Android devices. Consult the mobile apps instructions for complete information on how to use. The BLM has currently uploaded several georeferenced maps to the AVENZA application store.
These maps can also be printed or viewed without using a mobile application.
- Download the map onto your device prior to being in an area that may not have data coverage. (Message and data rates may apply.)
- Ensure Location Services is enabled for the mobile map application being used on your mobile device.
- In areas with no cellular reception, phone battery life significantly decreases. Utilizing airplane mode or putting your device in airplane mode will greatly improve battery life and will not interfere with GPS tracking.
- Like all GPS technology, the accuracy of your device will be compromised by cloudy weather and close proximity to tall cliff walls and slot canyons.
- File sizes for maps obtained from the AVENZA app store are typically much larger than the PDFs listed below. AVENZA recommends users connect to a WiFi network when downloading.